Child Access Prevention Law? No
Juvenile Possession Law? Yes.
Juvenile Sale/Transfer Law? Yes
State RequirementsRifles and Shotguns
- Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No
- Registration of rifles and shotguns? No
- Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No
- Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No
- Permit to purchase handgun? No
- Registration of handguns? No
- Licensing of owners of handguns? No
- Permit to carry handguns? Yes. A permit is required if concealed.
- Is there a State waiting period? No.
- Is there a FBI *NICS check for firearm transactions? Yes.
- Permit to carry a concealed weapon required? Yes
**A permit to carry concealed is not needed outside the limits of cities or towns.
- Record of sale: No
Caution: This summary is meant for general purposes only. Firearm laws frequently change and the following answers may not reflect changes in the laws.
Idaho Firearm Laws
Related laws and regulations.[
Note: Because the above information is in the most general of terms and laws change frequently, I do not answers questions about gun laws. The safest direction is to contact the local police department or the police department in states you plan to travel or move to for clarification on any questions regarding gun laws. Thank you.