MiscellaneousA person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor who negligently stores or leaves a loaded firearm in a location where the persons knows, or reasonably should know, that a child is likely to gain access, unless reasonable action is taken to secure the firearm against access by the child.
It shall be unlawful to take any wild animal by means of discharging any firearm from a motor vehicle. A special permit may be acquired, without a fee, to discharge a firearm or bow and arrow from a stationary motor vehicle to a person who has a permanent physical disability. Game wardens may confiscate firearms used in unlawful hunting.
- A handgun includes a weapon designed to be fired by the use of a single hand and with an overall length less than 26 inches, or having a barrel of a length less than 18 inches in the case of a shotgun or having a barrel of a length less than 16 inches in the case of a rifle. BB guns of .18 caliber or less are exempt.
- Semiautomatic military-style assault weapon means:
- Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK47)
- Beretta AR-70 and BM-59
- Colt AR-15
- Daewoo Max-1 and Max-2
- Famas MAS
- Fabrique Nationale FN-LAR and FN-FNC
- Heckler & Koch HK 91, HK-93 & HK-94
- Sigarms SIG 550SP & 551SP
- SKS with detachable magazine
- Steyr AUG
- Valmet M76 & M78
- Intratec TEC-9 handgun type
- Ingram MAC-10 and MAC-11
- Uzi handgun and carbine types
- Street Sweeper & Striker-12 revolving cylinder shotgun types
- USAS12 semiautomatic shotgun type
- Another model or version of the listed firearms by the same manufacturer or under a license to another manufacturer or seller.
The superintendent of the bureau of criminal apprehension shall annually publish a list of firearms included in the definition of semiautomatic military-style assault weapon.