1. News & Issues
Charles Montaldo

Misty Croslin Talks From Prison

By May 10, 2011

Although investigators still believe that she is the key to finding out what happened to a missing 5-year-old Satsuma, Florida girl, Misty Croslin claims that she knows nothing about the disappearance. In a prison interview, Croslin said she had nothing to do with the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings.

Croslin, now 19, is serving a 25-year sentence for drug trafficking.

Haleigh disappeared from the doublewide mobile home of her father, Ronald Cummings, on Feb. 10, 2009. Misty, who later married and then divorced Cummings, was babysitting the 5-year-old while Cummings was at work.

She said she woke up around 3 a.m. and discovered that Haleigh was gone. The back door of the trailer was propped open with a block, she told police.

Watch the Interview With Misty Croslin

In the videotaped interview with the Orlando Sentinel, Croslin says if she knew anything about the disappearance she would have told investigators a long time ago.

"I'm not the key to this at all." she said. "Because if I knew something, they would've known it from Day One. I just don't understand why they keep saying this about me."

"I know and God knows that I didn't do anything wrong. As long as I know, that's all that matters," Croslin said. "There are so many stories going around that it's unreal."

Connected to Drug Dealers?

"It's hurting me every day to know I was the last one with her," she said. "I've been locked down for 15 months trying to think of any little thing. There's nothing, though."

During the interview, Croslin said she believed Haleigh's disappearance may have been connected with Ronald Cummings' drug activities. She blamed him for getting her involved with drugs and said she was not a drug dealer.

"I cared for his kids," she said. "I'd give my life for Haleigh to come home now."

'Never Going to Give Up'

"It's been really hard, but I have to keep myself strong [because] I'm not going to give up," she said defiantly, adding that she isn't a drug dealer. "I'm going to fight to find Haleigh regardless. I'm never going to give up on her. The only reason I'm being strong right now is for her."

All of the others involved in the drug-sting bust for selling prescription pain killers received 15-year sentences, but Croslin got three 25-year sentences. Officials insisted that her drug case was not related to the Haleigh Cummings investigation.

More than two years after her disappearance, no trace of Haleigh has ever been found.

See Also:
Misty Croslin: 'I'd Give My Life for Haleigh to Come Home Now'

What Is Your Opinion?
Discuss The Haleigh Cummings Case

Free Newsletter:
Get the Crime & Punishment Newsletter

Photo: Mug Shot

Comments

May 11, 2011 at 2:19 pm
(1) roseyoung-stewart says:

This person is delusional. If she spends the next 25 years in the cooler, how is it, shes going to fight to find the missing girl? She’s not. It is just a way to make herself feel better.Too bad soe doctor was not able to give her a truth telling drug and then we’d save a lot of money and time.

May 13, 2011 at 6:06 pm
(2) salma says:

I fully agree with you Roseyoung-stewart. This story, as many others, is really sad. I hope they will solev this case as soon as possible.

June 24, 2011 at 1:44 am
(3) TruthSeeker says:

You are the delusional one, RoseYoung-Stewart. First, Misty didn’t say what you claim she said. Misty said she hopes Haleigh is found, she will never give up that up, and will do anything she can – as she always has – that might help find the child. You twist that into somehow she thinks she will solve the case from behind bars.

You again reveal your prejudice in the next sentence about giving her truth serum would solve the case. Misty hasn’t been charged with any crime related to Haleigh because there’s no evidence she did anything wrong. She had no motive. She gained no benefit.

Consider for a moment that Misty has told everything she knows, exactly as it happened. Where does that leave us? With a child abductor still on the loose and not much effort looking for him.

June 3, 2011 at 1:50 pm
(4) Christina says:

I don’t believe everyone is treated fairly in the eyes of the lie nor is everyone innocent til proven guilty. Thanks to today’s many streams or venues for the media everyone can and dose go way beyond the truth. No one and I mean no one knows what happened to that poor innocent child except the person that did whatever happened to them. Name calling and hearsay will not find the killer or killers. The only truth to many or these cases is that something happened to another child.

September 7, 2011 at 9:47 pm
(5) fanprinter says:

if Casey Anthony can get away with her doughter’s murder then this beautiful girl (Misty Croslin ) is 100% innocent..look at her body language i think she has got nothing to do with the little girls disappearance and how come she got 25 years of drug charges and Casey got nothing for a murder???? Very strange!!! Misty should be released asap .

October 2, 2011 at 2:08 am
(6) Tiffany Marie says:

I agree also that Misty should be Freed from behind Prison Wall. Florida did let Casey Anthony walk right out of jail as a free woman, after three year’s behind bars for her two year old Daughter’s Murder!

May 8, 2012 at 6:19 pm
(7) mrskailuakona says:

Misty is just playing dumb. She really knows the truth her cousin Joe a sex predator molested Haleigh then tossed into the river with a cement block and rope. Misty actually confessed this to her grandmother already. Now she’s backtracking just being careful not to be charged with Haleigh’s murder. I hope Misty rots in jail for the drug charges you tbt (trailer park trash). If the child’s father & mother were doing the right thing & not on drugs this child would still be alive.

Having lived in Florida for 33 years I must say they were NEVER find this child’s body as it was gator bait! They did, however, find the cement block.

September 7, 2012 at 2:21 am
(8) ted says:

25 years for a small amount of drugs is insane… and she was set up on top of it,,,,, the avg time served for murder in this country is 14 years……this evil judge was appointed by jeb bush, whos daughter did so much worse than misty and of course never served a day……misty pleaded no contest and asked wendy the biased and unjust for mercy, and you see what happened….. this was done all in the name of what they cant prove happened to haiiegh…. but of course le would never admit it….and wendy was just promoted by gov rick scott last month…. so you see how everyone had an agenda…..

January 19, 2013 at 3:48 pm
(9) ted says:

misty was overcharged….. this is a small amount of drugs…. this judge wendy berger was appointed by jeb bush in 2005, she is biased and evil…. jebs daughter did so much worse than misty and never served a day….. the judge should be the one in prison for abuse of power… but instead rick scott the current gov of florida recently promoted her over other judges who were much more qualified……

February 4, 2013 at 10:55 am
(10) Jim says:

I dont think Misty is playing dumb, she is/was a dumb teenager hanging around bad people. She is not smart/wise enough to have not slipped up. The police should be ashamed and the public should protest this injustice. They couldn’t get her on the murder rap so they set up the drug deal so they could get her/them anyway they could! its obvious to anyone that has half a brain. Nancy Grace, you happy now? Where’s HBO Films when you need them?

April 10, 2013 at 1:40 am
(11) Roni24 says:

I’m not saying she’s guilty but failing 4 polygraphs is not something to take lightly. Even if she wasn’t involved with her murder perhaps she knows information about it. As for those that say she was overcharged because it was only a small amount of drugs I ask what is considered a large amount is $4,000 worth of oxycodone is a small amount? Regardless of the disappearance of Haleigh she deserves to be where she is. Nobody forced her to sell $4,000 of oxy to an undercover agent. I think they should offer her immunity on the Hailey case so they can find Hailey and give her the proper burial. She’s already serving a very long prison sentence.

April 18, 2013 at 11:42 pm
(12) RhondaLoo says:

Truthseeker, you should change your username to bullcrapper because you are full of everything but the truth. It’s clear Misty Croslin knows exactly what happened to that little girl and since the law in that area is incompetent Karma had to step in and keep her exactly where she belongs, in a cage like the animal she is! I hope the prisoners are giving her a warm “baby killer welcome”! Isn’t Karma great?

April 28, 2013 at 1:12 pm
(13) christina says:

I have been studying criminals in law enforcement classes for a while now and I feel that if somehow misty did have some information of what happened to Haleigh she would have let the secret out by now because theses kind of criminals like to talk.