1. News & Issues
A Florida couple, both 61 years old, were abducted from their Jacksonville home and buried alive in South Georgia, police said, and four young people have been arrested and charged with their murder after the bodies were discovered Saturday.

Carol and James Sumner, of Jacksonville, were reported missing by family members July 10. A former neighbor of the couple, 23-year-old Tiffany Cole, was arrested in South Carolina after she used the Sumner's ATM card.

Police also arrested Michael J. Jackson, 23, and Allen Wade, 18, when they arrested Tiffany Cole. Information from the three lead police to Bruce K. Nixon, Jr., 18, who confessed to police that he kidnapped the couple, killed them and buried them in Georgia.

Cole, Jackson, and Wade are being held on financial fraud charges in Charleston, S.C. and face murder charges in Jacksonville. Nixon is being held on murder and kidnapping charges in Duval County.

Police said the Sumners met Cole when she lived near them when they lived in South Carolina.

See Also:
Police: Florida Couple Buried Alive

Comments

March 24, 2007 at 9:53 pm
(1) cathie duncan says:

I am the Aunt of Tiffany Ann Cole. She was arrested July 2005 for the murder of Reggie and Carol Sumner whom were buried alive in Florida. The state of Florida is seeking the death penalty. I am interested in your opinion of this story. Anyone interested in contacting me may do so at SaveTiffanyCole@aol.com. Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration concerning this matter.

September 25, 2011 at 5:14 am
(2) Max says:

Yourself and Liz are CRAZY. While I understand what it is like to lose a family member to prison (even death row) I also know what my morales and principles are. If this were your mom and dad, you would want that person who killed them to die as well.

November 27, 2011 at 8:21 pm
(3) Jacob says:

Are you serious? This bitch deserves, at the bare minimum, to be buried alive, just as she did to this poor elderly couple. To be executed by lethal injection is the least of Tiffany’s worries. She should be damn thankful this country does initiate the eye for an eye punishment anymore. She deserves to die a slow, painful, death, just as she did to the poor couple she murdered.

June 12, 2007 at 3:19 pm
(4) Liz says:

I tried the email address and it didn’t work, I’m an old friend and would like to help however I can email is tootslil@yahoo.com

June 21, 2008 at 4:52 am
(5) Irving Schmelnick says:

Are you kidding with the “savetiffanycole@aol.com” email address? I hope they have executed that bitch twice by now. I’m sick of people like you who forgive your relatives for anything they do, no matter how horrific it was. She killed two innocent, elderly people in a torturous way. She deserves to die, too.

September 25, 2011 at 5:08 am
(6) Max says:

I agree with you, save Tiffany…yeah right

October 14, 2008 at 8:24 pm
(7) mizopine says:

Fry her.

October 15, 2008 at 1:34 am
(8) to cathy says:

Clearly your love for her is unconditional. The only way to save her now is through GOD himself. Guide her with the word, and if or when she accepts Jesus will she ever be saved. This my new friend is the Only way you will see her in the after life otherwise she will burn in Hell with all the others before her. Good luck, unfortunately hun she is where she belongs. Everyone deserves to be loved the way you love her. If only she knew ‘Love thy neighbor’. So sad!

October 16, 2008 at 4:05 pm
(9) crazi says:

Tiffany Cole helped kill 2 people & you want to save her. Family or not you people need to face the facts, she a murderer & has to pay for her actions.

October 17, 2008 at 10:51 am
(10) leslie says:

I think she should pay for her crime, she is an adult she knows better. Those poor helpless people, did they get a second chance no she does not deserve one either. She needs to be done to her what she done to them.

October 17, 2008 at 10:58 am
(11) elaine says:

I dont think she deserves a second chance she helped kill those people, did they want a second chance yes they did. Fry her she knew what she was doing.

October 19, 2008 at 3:26 am
(12) carol says:

i agree with irving completely. How could you name your email address savetiffanycole?? I hope she burns in the pits of jail and if she gets the death penalty…i will dance

October 20, 2008 at 1:31 pm
(13) Raina says:

I am also tired of people committing these horrible crimes and getting away with it. Now, I would easily forgive someone in my family but I would stand firm in my belive that if you commit the crime you gotta do the time. She deserves whatever a jury of her peers gives her. But I can almost guarentee that she gets off the death penalty. She might not even get life. But I hope she does. They were someones family and did not deserve what those people did to them. I am appauled!

October 22, 2008 at 2:45 pm
(14) Clementy says:

cathie duncan is obviously a troll.

October 22, 2008 at 10:23 pm
(15) Finnian says:

The aunt, Kathy (?) wants this monster forgiven!!!!!

Sit for a few minutes and imagine yourself underground and unable to breathe. Imagine your terror and the struggle to get up above ground just to get air. Imagine your husband doing the same thing. Smell the damp earth which fills your nose and mouth and eyes. Wonder why this happened? Imagine your chest and lungs burning to get air……

I don’t know how long it takes to die this horrible way. But I do know this

This monstrous woman will die more quickly and humanely if executed. Or…she will be killed in prison by a bunch of overweight dykes sitting on her face and keeping her from breathing. She will struggle to get free and to get air…..desperately. Until, like the couple she tortured, the struggling stops…..

October 22, 2008 at 10:47 pm
(16) Daisy says:

…and then she meets her God

Good comment Finnian ( are you a writer? )

October 23, 2008 at 6:09 pm
(17) tessa says:

you have got to be kidding me?!! Buried alive? there is no website to save the buried couple oh thats right they are no longer alive, and when they were no one could help them because they were underground. Anyone capable of doing that is inhumane and is not “wired right” you know a cou
ple french frys short of a happy meal?

October 24, 2008 at 11:42 pm
(18) Sick of all the Crap says:

Yeah, I’m in agreement with the other posters who are in shock about the aunt trying to get a save Tiffany movement going. Well, you have the right, but you are so in denial and someone needs to slap some sense in you. Are you thinking of what the victims went through? When I first read your post, I couldn’t believe it and had to read it again, and then thought wtf? Think, Woman, THINK!! I’m thinking of the victims not the ones who committed such an atrocious act. Burying someone alive to kill them is one of the most horrible, inhuman ways to kill someone. Geez, are you that stupid that you can’t think of the poor victims?

October 26, 2008 at 1:42 am
(19) LA2RK says:

BANG! x 4

December 8, 2008 at 3:12 pm
(20) James says:

I was at the prison Sunday.
I saw Tiff and her a visitor, I guess maybe her aunt or sister, not sure, and a little girl.
My heart goes out to anyone on death row.
Because I’m human.
I would not want to be there.
Although the crime was committed and the sentence read.
Tiff…make peace with God…please.

January 22, 2009 at 9:40 pm
(21) pepper says:

GEE!!! HOPEFULLY SHE WILL BE HAVING A ROOMMATE ON DEATH ROW REAL SOON CALLED, CASEY ANTHONY..!!!
MAYBE WE COULD DO A 2 -4 -1 SPECIAL …
I SURE DONT WANT THEM TO SET IN WHILE WE PAY THE HOUSING BILL …
GOD BLESS CAYLE ANTHONY AS YOUR LIFE WAS SO SHORT !!

January 26, 2009 at 1:37 pm
(22) DC says:

Yea Tiffany needs to go she was tried by her peers and they gave her what they felt was a just punishment so own up to it. As far as for that murdering mother Cayce Anthony she will get hers soon. Personally I think they should bring back OLD SPARKY and execute them the right way. The lethal injection way is to easy, make them suffer like they make the victim and families suffer.

January 28, 2009 at 8:46 pm
(23) Darlene says:

I understand the family still loving their family members even after committing such a horrific crime. What I don’t understand is how you go on a public forum and ask for support in doing so.
Casey and Tiffany should be terminated as soon as they are sentenced to death. I wish they would put the death penalty back on the table for Casey Anthony because my heart felt belief is that any human being who violates a child in any way, is proven guilty beyond a doubt, should have 30 days and be fried. I don’t think injection is horrendous enough for these kind of people. They should suffer by being electrocuted or even better…hang em and let em hang till they die!!

February 23, 2009 at 4:27 pm
(24) Lisa says:

FRY THAT PIECE OF TRASH!!!

March 1, 2009 at 10:19 pm
(25) David says:

Fry that ignorant bitch. she killed 2 innocent people. Florida should kill all 4 of these ignorant losers today.

March 7, 2009 at 11:03 am
(26) concerned mother says:

um… cathie, are you a stupid,psycho bitch like your niece.. I otta back hand you so hard for your “savetiffanycole” email. Now I know why your niece is so dumb, it ran in the family.

Your “Precious” little niece took 2 innocent lives. Gave them a suffering death you moron. Not only that, she tried to use the couples ATM card a few days later. I don’t sympathize in your sitiuation what so ever. She’s a grown woman who should’ve know right from wrong and should have gotten her lazy ass up and got a job. Even if no one taught her from right & wrong, she is old enough to know better. No excuse or reason for what her ugly ass and her ugly boyfriends did. I don’t want my tax dollars paying for her living. Stick that bitch in a small hole so that she can’t breath and let her starve to death.

November 10, 2009 at 10:38 am
(27) stephanie says:

She made a stupid choice. Now she has to suffer the outcome. How could you do that to two elderly people? People are crazy nowa days. Reguardless no email or pettition is gonna keep her from the death penalty if that’s what they choose she’s done for.

November 15, 2009 at 1:25 pm
(28) Shana says:

Die is the only word that comes to mind. Tiffany and Casey needs to die for what they did. However. We are not hear to judge. There is only 1 TRUE judge and that is God. They will in time meat their maker. What gets me is Casey has a good defense attorney and I do not mean Beaz. Linda Biden is a very good defense attorney. My question is what was going through her mind to defend this case? Unconditional love is what all she give and recieve, however, Ms. Duncan saving her life would NOT be unconditional love. Ever heard of Touch Love. Why should TIffany live when she took the life of not just 1 but 2 innocent elderly peple.

March 13, 2010 at 8:49 am
(29) jorge says:

It is ok that she is executed, because she is not a human being, but a demon of the worst kind.

May 11, 2010 at 6:40 am
(30) Jamie says:

You know…Tiffany and I use to hang out together for the first few years of highschool..we use to run around together like innoncent young teenagers… To think something like this would ever happen to someone tht use to be very close to u…. is soooo crazy… I kinda know what went wrong wth her.. But then I kinda don’t… It’s sad.. Very sad… My condolences to both families…

May 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm
(31) Christian says:

Jesus tells us to hate the sin but love the sinner. The bible teaches us to forgive, and it also teaches that the Laws Of The Land established by God through Moses must apply. I pray for healing, and forgiveness for all involved.

Peace

May 11, 2010 at 11:31 pm
(32) Christian says:

I did click on the email address: savetiffanycole@aol.com and it is indeed still active.

October 25, 2011 at 11:28 am
(33) Roxy says:

You must be just as messed up as that monster Tiffany cOLE. In my heart of heart she deserves to die a slow death. Who are you to say she deserves to live. That bitch was the master mind behind it. Maybe you wouldn’t understand till you have a love one buried alive. I think she actually isn’t getting the easy way out.I believe the only real way to get justice is to bury Tiffany alive and I want a front row seat

December 18, 2010 at 1:23 pm
(34) shanic johnson out of chicago says:

Save her, funny! She’s right where she belongs, she looks like a nutcase, and is a shameful threat to society. Though should not judge, but what ever she gets she deserves. She made her bed DIE in it, Despicable lowlifed bitch! That was someone’s mom, sister, wife, aunt, cousin, friend, dad. etc. And that lowlife stole it all. Scumbag. I’m pissed off. My heart goes out to Family and Friends!

March 7, 2011 at 9:23 am
(35) JH says:

Her life as well as those of the other defendants should be spared and they should be freed in the future if the gets mature enough not to commit more crimes.

August 8, 2011 at 7:19 pm
(36) LJ says:

I just found out about this story on Investigation Discovery’s show “Deadly Women” – I can barely finish watching the segment about her and the other three involved. How heinous, I can’t imagine anyone doing that to anyone else, let alone two elderly people. It’s horrendous and they all got the sentences they deserve.

August 14, 2011 at 3:49 pm
(37) samiam says:

I too just found out about this story on ID. I have actually seen two different shows portraying this incident. I watch many of these shows and I must say, this one REALLY got to me. I know first hand how easy it is to get caught up in a moment or lifestyle and be desperate for money, but to murder these kind, helpless people in the fashion they were murdered is horrible !! I don’t condone robbing or stealing from anyone, but that would be more understandable and forgiveable than what was done to these helpless people. God rest their souls !!

October 25, 2011 at 11:16 am
(38) roxy says:

I watched this on id a few weeks ago and this by far was the most heinous crime Iv’e seen aired on this show. It made my skin crawl and feel sick to my stomach. For days after I fond it hard to sleep. I think that has to be beyond the worst ways of dying those killers are heartless. I feel the victims daughter is a very strong person. I give her credit for being able to have a strong enough faith to find it in her heart to let go of the hate for these monsters that killed her parents.

October 25, 2011 at 11:21 am
(39) roxy says:

I dont have one bit of respect for who ever would defend that rotton monster Tiffany. She was well aware of what was going down she is the one that targeted the elderly couple those other pieces of crap wouldn’t have knew anything about that couple unless she had been the master mind that brought it to there attentions. I hope she dies the slowest death. I feel the only way to get justice in this situation would be to let the victims familys bury these monsters alive!!!!

April 19, 2012 at 9:26 am
(40) Elaine says:

I’m curious about exactly what “Aunt Cathie” means by “savetiffanycole”. Does she actually mean that Tiffany should go free after such a heinous crime? Or that the tax payers should pay for her upkeep for years to come? I think the only question and answer here is WWJD, What would Jesus Do? I don’t believe that he would agree with “Aunt Cathie”!

July 15, 2012 at 6:56 am
(41) Kris says:

Want to know the awful thing that brings me to tears.. When the couple- lovers from high school who had reunited and married, were in the grave, Reggie managed to undo the duct tape around his wrists and hold Carols hand while they slowly and excruciatingly suffered with no one to help them. This is how they were found when they were dug up around a week later. Of all the murders I’ve hear of this one is truly horrific and disturbing. NO ONE should feel and ounce of sympathy for any of the four involved

October 14, 2012 at 1:29 pm
(42) John says:

The victims daughter have no right, wot so ever, to forgive her parents murderer!
She is not GOD!!!

October 26, 2012 at 7:00 pm
(43) richmond says:

those campaigning to save cole are as crazy as she is. people living around them should be watchful and on the guard cos they can strike as cole did. cole acted evil and shd pay for da price. clara’s daughter is a good woman with a good heart. God will protect and save her

December 7, 2012 at 10:27 am
(44) Chantal says:

I live in Holland and i saw the programm on TV about the Sumners!
Oh my god, i still think of them all day, how can you do that to a sweet old couple, those sick bastards and that awful bitch, i hope you die soon and go straight to hell, you deserve a terrible death.
I take care of old people all day, i would never, never do that to those sweet old people.. Where the hell is the respect!!

I hope that the Sumners are with GOD and i hope that they are in Paradise!!! Sweet people, my heart goes out with you two.

When i have a relative who does that murder, then she is not a relative from me anymore, i would call her and say that she deserves what she gets. I hate all four of them..

December 31, 2012 at 1:01 am
(45) Ray says:

Cathie are you kidding me, i hope your niece suffers as much as she made those 2 elderly people suffer. Your ugly niece will never get sympathy from anyone, i hate her and the stupid others that committed this horrible crime !!!

January 10, 2013 at 10:26 pm
(46) Mb says:

I think that what Tiffany and her friends did was horrifying. They killed a nice, helpless couple. they just could have robbed them instead of burying them alive.

There is no excuse for what they did. They may have had troubled lives but so do many of us.

That being said, i do not support the death penalty.

January 11, 2013 at 1:31 pm
(47) noneya says:

I, unfortunately, used to be related to tiffany. she was a brat. a spoiled brat. just like her brother. just like her cousins. all the daughters that came from the grandma were little hoochie mommas with no morals. maybe the one aunt that was in the military. i guess i can say that she was descent. believe me, she is not the only one in this hillbilly family that breaks laws. and many laws.

February 1, 2013 at 12:30 am
(48) Paul says:

That bitch ain’t got a soul, she needs to pay for her horrific sins..

June 8, 2013 at 3:27 am
(49) Jetboyrdib says:

Thou shalt not kill, she did, its time to discuss this matter with god-in person!!!. R.I.P.

July 2, 2013 at 10:40 pm
(50) JGO says:

I was tending to my deck flowers today – filling a planter with fresh dirt- my mind drifted to the couple buried alive on I.D., the Sumners. Never have I heard of a group of humans more demented & twisted than these hoods. Cathie, if you are such a caring & loving family member – then why was YOUR NIECE living with the Sumners and running amok with such losers, instead of being cared for by you? Why try to save her now when you weren’t willing to then? Seems hokey to me. Maybe you are just looking to cash in or muster some ‘sympathy’ or ‘attention’ by gravitating to some good ole down home folks.
A family trait perhaps.

January 10, 2014 at 4:38 am
(51) sheila says:

I think Tiffany is a sick bitch. She and the rest of her stupid ass friends deserve to die. The same way they did the Sumners so they will feel what they felt as they were slowly being killed.

February 2, 2014 at 10:17 am
(52) Kim says:

I just saw this on the ID Channel. OMG, I have never seen something so terrible in all my life. This is the worst crime you can ever do to someone. A bunch of kids basically being greedy and wanting this elderly couples money. They bury them alive. They have no hearts, no souls….Did none of them think as they were throwing dirt on this couple that this is wrong? OMFG. What if it were their family? I mean really. You want a save Tiffany fund? Give me a break.

April 8, 2014 at 10:17 pm
(53) lorie test says:

I saw this on ID she is ONE VERY SICK BITCH AND DESERVES TO DIE AND ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!! and god as my witness I hope she and her friends DO!!!!!!!!

April 8, 2014 at 10:17 pm